PA Technologies provides virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) managed services to its clients, fully configured and supported with unlimited hosted desktops and thin client devices for end user access
Typically, desktop procurement and deployment is a lengthy process that entails the ongoing administrative burden of per-device configuration, application installation, management and maintenance. Implementing a VDI centralises desktop management; by hosting virtual desktop machines in the data centre, the end-user environment becomes scalable, secure and far easier to support.
PA Technologies delivers virtual desktop infrastructure as part of its managed services portfolio with 24x7 monitoring.
Desktop virtualisation provides end users with a seamless, always-on desktop experience that can be accessed remotely via SSL or VPN. By modelling a clients’ standard corporate desktop and converting it into a virtual instance, a template is created to allow rapid provisioning of virtual desktops, dramatically reducing related cost and resource requirements.
The desktop is also an area that is often exposed from a security perspective – there have been a number of high profile instances where critical or sensitive data held at the desktop level has been exposed to improper or illegal use. In a hosted desktop environment, key data is stored centrally in the datacentre, mitigating this risk; furthermore, associated backup and recovery processes for the virtual desktop infrastructure can include replication to a second data centre if required for the highest levels of resilience and availability in the event of a disruption to your office locations.
PA Technologies can also provide a rapid VDI Proof of Concept that can be tailored specifically to include selected applications.
Take advantage of our free Consultancy Service and learn how your business can benefit from a Virtual Desktop Solution, contact us on 0845 862 1474 or email us at [email protected]
PA Technologies Virtual Desktop as a Service is for you if:
- Distributed desktop devices are taking up too much time and resource to manage and maintain
- Application deployment for specific user groups is complex to administrate
- You are seeking to consolidate and reduce energy costs
- You are keen to reduce the potential for security breaches or inappropriate data dissemination from local machines
- Remote workers require seamless access to a consistent corporate computing environment
- Immediate provisioning of a virtual desktop within minutes rather than days or weeks
- Access to desktop resources from anywhere at anytime
- Business continuity for a virtual desktop is provided as a natural consequence > Massively reduced support costs
- Upgrades to the operating system and applications at a fraction of the time & cost
- Near-zero downtime
- Fixed monthly costs
- Hosted secure VDI platform
- Access via SSL link or VPN
To find out more about what PA Technologies’s Virtual Desktop Services can do for you, speak to one of our Virtualisation Specialists on 0845 862 1474 or email us at [email protected]